About Me

My photo
I am many years into a "summer project" of yoga that my daughter and I started. Yoga is such a part of my life and my daughter's life that it surprises us both. Yoga for us has evolved as a part of daily living. We might not practice everyday, but we practice what yoga has given us. Now, some about me.I have had the honor of being a part of the medical community for many years. I strongly feel modern medicine and holistic medicine walk hand and hand to treat the whole person. I have found that yoga brings into daily life true balance,breath, and awareness to what is happening at the moment. Yoga is both enhancing and invigorating to the mind and spirit, and gives health and strength to the body. What more could one want? My daughter and I plan to be participating in yoga for many years to come, she even promised she would take me to class in my 80's. I intend to make her keep that promise.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yoga=Youth

I find it magical, a gift of sorts from the powers that be. The feeling of youth, I find myself swimming in as I actively perform the last pose of my practice, savasana.  My logical mind can give you solid scientific reasons why my muscles, tendons, abdomen, spine feel healthy, relaxed, ready carry this frame of mine. I can give you chemical reasons why my brain feels as light as air, and my emotional state relaxed and calm.
But I so choose, to receive this gift as a magical, spiritual one, the fountain of youth I have found. It has been sent to me in the form of the practice of yoga.
In the very last seconds of savasana, my body feels as it once did as a young women of 18. My mind feels as if the world is waiting for me ....ready to face it with the determination that all battles will be won.
I am young again. I would not trade my experiences of 44 years, but, I savor that feeling of youth. Yesterday at the end of practice, it dawned on me....I smiled as the bells chimed, that this gift has always been there for me to carry away with me. I thanked them all for their time and the patience for this yoga student. To really see yet another sliver of light.
Yoga transforms the mind and body, no matter the age of the practitioner.

Yoga=youth.

Blessing all,
Paloma

No comments:

Post a Comment