About Me

My photo
I am many years into a "summer project" of yoga that my daughter and I started. Yoga is such a part of my life and my daughter's life that it surprises us both. Yoga for us has evolved as a part of daily living. We might not practice everyday, but we practice what yoga has given us. Now, some about me.I have had the honor of being a part of the medical community for many years. I strongly feel modern medicine and holistic medicine walk hand and hand to treat the whole person. I have found that yoga brings into daily life true balance,breath, and awareness to what is happening at the moment. Yoga is both enhancing and invigorating to the mind and spirit, and gives health and strength to the body. What more could one want? My daughter and I plan to be participating in yoga for many years to come, she even promised she would take me to class in my 80's. I intend to make her keep that promise.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

For Zen sake...*

Without love, without humor,
yoga is just a lot of hard work.
-   Steve Ross

Lets just say....I have within me the ability to be a tad touch ambitious with the different vocations that are a part of my life. Who isn't?

I would not call it competitive really, well maybe, a touch...more with myself than with others... Who's not??

I would not call it obsessed, For Zen sake. That would be completely against what I am working towards.

I would call it highly focused.
Yes... highly focused or upper most in my mind.

That sounds MUCH BETTER.....highly focused.  Yep, that's what I am.

Whew, I feel better!!!!!

These written words of self contemplation stems from my "post attitude" after this mornings work out....yes, I just used the words...work out.


To catch you wonderful folks up to speed, I am training to attempt to compete in something called the Warrior Dash. This new endeavor was the brain child of my children and my son's friend. They, as a unit, are going to run this Warrior Dash and in April some how convinced me to par take.  

Work out schedule on my days off:
*up at 0630
*yoga for 15min
*aggressive walking for 20min
*running for 15 min
*yoga for 15 min
*tree pose for 5 min
*Sitting in my red chair for 10min. meditation.

Ahh that pesky meditation....

In this morning meditation, after it took me much effort to get my mind off of what I'm going to increase tomorrow workout and what I need to get from the store today....
I heard that voice....
"your not making this fun for you or your spirit..."
"your not 25, your 45......you know how much joke material you have with this new gig.  Why aren't you giggling in your head yet."
"Your yoga is not JUUUUSSSSSTTTT your stretching tool for running."
"With your leaning for the positive for your body, ya just might me slipping on your spiritual/mental side, I'm just saying..."

Sometimes, I really get annoyed at the voice...

Then I laughed,
Yes, voice.
Your right, as always...

So, folks....
Every hear about the 45 year old women....
made ya giggle...

No comments:

Post a Comment