About Me

My photo
I am many years into a "summer project" of yoga that my daughter and I started. Yoga is such a part of my life and my daughter's life that it surprises us both. Yoga for us has evolved as a part of daily living. We might not practice everyday, but we practice what yoga has given us. Now, some about me.I have had the honor of being a part of the medical community for many years. I strongly feel modern medicine and holistic medicine walk hand and hand to treat the whole person. I have found that yoga brings into daily life true balance,breath, and awareness to what is happening at the moment. Yoga is both enhancing and invigorating to the mind and spirit, and gives health and strength to the body. What more could one want? My daughter and I plan to be participating in yoga for many years to come, she even promised she would take me to class in my 80's. I intend to make her keep that promise.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Morning Observation

 

This morning as I sat on my porch watching the sun get brighter and brighter... my trees and their bird feeders teach me, yet,  another lesson.

I have such a diversity of birds that come to my feeders.  I often feel the urge to call someone and say you gotta see this....
To me, it is that beautiful and amazing.

Under the trees branches....on the ground surrounding them, I had four different species of doves, six sets of redbirds, a woodpecker, two sets of blue birds, numerous finches and chi chi birds.  I would also like to mention the number of birds waiting their turns somewhat patiently in the trees branches above. What I found interesting and amazing, each bird is eating just inches and feet from each other. There is no fighting, no bickering, no annoyance, no competition, they are just there, together, enjoying breakfast.
 
What harmony, I say to myself, with all that diversity...you have simple and pure harmony.  A natural respect for the other.

Then I smirk, and to myself I say,...hey Paloma...you can apply this observation to your own species,  girl...look around you.

Thanks trees and my beautiful birds, once again, for my morning lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment