About Me

My photo
I am many years into a "summer project" of yoga that my daughter and I started. Yoga is such a part of my life and my daughter's life that it surprises us both. Yoga for us has evolved as a part of daily living. We might not practice everyday, but we practice what yoga has given us. Now, some about me.I have had the honor of being a part of the medical community for many years. I strongly feel modern medicine and holistic medicine walk hand and hand to treat the whole person. I have found that yoga brings into daily life true balance,breath, and awareness to what is happening at the moment. Yoga is both enhancing and invigorating to the mind and spirit, and gives health and strength to the body. What more could one want? My daughter and I plan to be participating in yoga for many years to come, she even promised she would take me to class in my 80's. I intend to make her keep that promise.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Yoga, the aim of balance.

To all  humans, we seek balance. Balance of home, health, family, food, work, and spirit.  The aim of yoga is the study and the act of balance.

The physical act of yoga gives a platform to learn how to control the parts of you, be it physical or mental that hinders the growth of balance. For me, yoga forced me to slow down. When I succumbed to that and allowed yoga it's proper respect, my spiritual journey grew vaster. My appreciation for what God had created around me and in me became the gift of awareness.

Yoga is a tool we can use to obtain balance, to what-ever degree we seek. It is an opportunity, given to us, to improve ourselves and not miss the daily gifts of life that we receive.

Quote:

He that will not apply new remedies must expect new evils; for time is the greatest innovator.
Sir Francis Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment