About Me

My photo
I am many years into a "summer project" of yoga that my daughter and I started. Yoga is such a part of my life and my daughter's life that it surprises us both. Yoga for us has evolved as a part of daily living. We might not practice everyday, but we practice what yoga has given us. Now, some about me.I have had the honor of being a part of the medical community for many years. I strongly feel modern medicine and holistic medicine walk hand and hand to treat the whole person. I have found that yoga brings into daily life true balance,breath, and awareness to what is happening at the moment. Yoga is both enhancing and invigorating to the mind and spirit, and gives health and strength to the body. What more could one want? My daughter and I plan to be participating in yoga for many years to come, she even promised she would take me to class in my 80's. I intend to make her keep that promise.

Monday, April 2, 2012

If You Could Play Only One Song...

Question:

If you could play only one song, from a jukebox containing an unlimited amount of songs...
What song would you pick?


Remember, only one song.


A good friend posed that question to me the other day over lunch.  I remember well my reaction, my eyes widened, my mouth flew open, and my mind flashed: easy question, easy question!!!  I went to answer, then I realized I could not answer. The question, that started out fun, turned hard. My mind then shifted into another gear,  I went to throw out an answer...

And he reminded me... Only one song, that is all you can pick.

I realized then my friend had posed to me a question that takes you to a level of deep introspection. It is a question you think you can easily answer, then like hitting a wall, you can not.
Memories began to flood in.
Periods of time envelope you, People, family, lovers, successes, failures, laughter, and tears....
Your life flashes before you as you contemplate a response.
  
I found myself trying to shift my left side of my brain into over drive to provide me with the "right" answer. I am a lover of music and this silly question and its simple, simple answer should be rolling off my tongue!
Yet I found myself wanting to pick a song that would benefit me the most ,with the least risk.

So now I really have two questions to answer.

If I could only pick one song to play, what would it be...

And....

What is the risk I am afraid of facing...

A simple, fun question blooming into true introspection.

So, tell me, what song would you pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment