About Me

My photo
I am many years into a "summer project" of yoga that my daughter and I started. Yoga is such a part of my life and my daughter's life that it surprises us both. Yoga for us has evolved as a part of daily living. We might not practice everyday, but we practice what yoga has given us. Now, some about me.I have had the honor of being a part of the medical community for many years. I strongly feel modern medicine and holistic medicine walk hand and hand to treat the whole person. I have found that yoga brings into daily life true balance,breath, and awareness to what is happening at the moment. Yoga is both enhancing and invigorating to the mind and spirit, and gives health and strength to the body. What more could one want? My daughter and I plan to be participating in yoga for many years to come, she even promised she would take me to class in my 80's. I intend to make her keep that promise.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Reminder to Myself...Writing

This past week I was reminded why I write. I write for myself. 

This hobby or therapeutic endeavor  has been with me since my late teens. I would be so pleased when I filled a journal and was able to go purchase another one. The newness of the cover, and the freshness of the pages filled me with pleasure. As I held the new journal, I knew what I wrote would be there for me. I could keep or destroy the journal, for it was mine and mine alone.  It was a friend that offered no judgement, opinion, or change of energy towards me. I could be Paloma, the journal providing a safe zone of sorts.

This enjoyment of writing comes from the voice that lays within me wanting to recount, remember, understand, enjoy, entertain, document, and laugh at my world, my past, and myself.  Some have reviewed my work and stated I write as I speak. So, be it. I think to myself. For I do not write for a grade, or a publisher, I write for the freedom of the act. So to the few, if any, readers of this blog. Take these past writing and the ones yet written with a grain of salt. See them for what they are, simple writings of a individual walking this earth.

I encourage you to grab a pen, pencil, or a keyboard and write. Create a blog, start a journal, write rebuttals, and the more you do this act of freedom, the more free you really will be. Effort, yes, rewards...many. As in life, as in your writing... Your best is good enough.

So, no worries, jump on in, the waters fine. 

Got paper, yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment